|Day||Morning (10.00 – 12.30)||Afternoon (1.00 – 3.30)|
|Monday||Golf Croquet||Associate Members (GC and/or AC)|
|Tuesday||Association Croquet Div A & B||Golf Croquet|
|Wednesday||Association Croquet Div B & C||
C lawn: coaching if required
Association Croquet all Divisions
All Full members
|Friday||Association Croquet Div C||Golf Croquet|
|Saturday||Association Croquet all Divisions||All Full and Associate members|
|Sunday||Coaching and Practice||Practice|
- Draws take place at 9:50 am and 12:50 pm Mon - Fri and 1:20 pm Sat.
- In winter, any group wishing to start morning play at 10.30 may - please note this on the outside whiteboard.
- For Association Croquet the Divisions are A = -3 to 7, B = 8 to 15, C = 16 to 20.
- Public holidays are play for all.
- Christmas Day, Easter Friday and ANZAC Day: Lawns are open but there is no arranged play.
- Lawns are also available for practice Monday to Saturday after 4:00 pm. Any lawn may be used for practice by any full member after 10 am and 1 pm if it is free.
- Lawn availability is subject to competition play.
- Double-banked games will be played under the Current Laws (AC Law 52; GC Rule 9).
- Any Handicap play should be agreed upon before commencement of play.
Playing times are revised at the AGM in May. They may also be revised when any lawn is out for refurbishment.
Flat-soled, enclosed shoes must be worn at all times.
Pennant and competition play, as well as lawn maintenance, can impact on these times. See details of when this may happen below.
Visitors wishing to play in a draw at these times should arrive at the Club 15 minutes before scheduled start of play.
- Lawns available for practice and matches.
- Where lawns are booked, one lawn should be kept free for practice.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to Come-and-Try so that we can arrange for a Club member to meet you.
A games sub-committee member will organise the draw. In their absence, it will be done by a committee member, or if not present, the most senior player available.
COMPETITIONS AND TOURNAMENTS
Our Club fields divisional teams in the statewide and/or southern clubs pennants competitions for both Association Croquet and Golf Croquet. These are run by Croquet Tasmania. You can access details via the Croquet Tasmania menu that appears at the top of this page, or here on our site.
We also stage our own Club championships in different divisions. In addition, we conduct the following Association Croquet memorial events: the Max McLean and the Coralie Turner handicap events for men and ladies, respectively; and the Rene Hortle novice event for newcomers. These are held towards the end of the season.
Members are able to enter other state events as well as interstate, national and international events.
We encourage members at all levels of expertise to consider entering competitions during the season.
EVENTS IMPACTING ON SOCIAL PLAYING TIMES
The Club lawns will be needed for Pennant and other competitions at various times during the season (please see our Calendar). Unless one of the lawns has been withdrawn from use to be upgraded, there should be at least one lawn available for social play.
At present, the plan is to have lawn B out during November and December 2017, and lawn A in February and March 2018.