Welcome to the Royal Park Croquet Club
A Club For all Seasons
In 2007 the Royal Park Croquet Club celebrated its 100 year anniversary.
The following is taken from a body of work, "Royal Park Croquet Club, the first Hundred Years 1907 - 2007" produced by Robert (Bob) Godfrey as a part of those celebrations.
"The club has survived both fire and flood and the changing social circumstances of the last 100 years. Five monarchs have reigned and their royal legacy is enshrined in the club name. When Australia decides, as it inevitably will sometime in the future, to become a republic, Royal Park Croquet Club will hopefully be a reminder to future generations of the history of the nation, Australia, of the state, Tasmania and of the city, Launceston."
It is situated near the junction of the Tamar and North and South Esk Rivers on the perimeter of the beautiful Royal Park. The club is close to the entrance of the Cataract Gorge within a short walking distance of Launceston's CBD and a short stroll to the Seaport. With ample parking close to the club visitors find us easy to locate.
New Members and Visitors
Phone or Email the secretary to arrange a suitable time for you to be introduced to the club or to play a game. You can attend up to six sessions paying the green fee of $5 per session. To become a member of our club our annual fee is $160 or pro- rata for the club financial year. Visitors and mature students are very welcome.
Flat soled shoes must be worn at all times.
- Our own club competitions are held twice a year and we participate in pennant competitions with other northern clubs.
- During summer ,twilight events are often held at the club as a way of introducing friends and family to our game. This often involves a barbecue.
- Our members are often involved in statewide and Northern championships which are held at the St Leonards Croquet Centre or in the south of the state.
- Corporate social events : Businesses around the town often participate in an afternoon of Golf Croquet as part of their end-of-year celebrations.
- Social events: Christmas in July, Christmas lunch, various charitable events.
Generally Playing Days are:
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - Golf Croquet
Tuesday and Friday - Association Croquet
Play begins at 9.30 am during the summer and 10.30 am from 1st of June until the end of August.