Welcome to Croquet Tasmania
Croquet is a sport which has been around in its present form since the 1850s
- It doesn’t require any special physical strength.
- Men and women, young and old, can play on equal terms and kids love it.
- It is a sport for individuals, families, social groups, business groups, service clubs and everyone.
- It is an inexpensive means of getting regular exercise.
- It is played in the open air throughout the year, in all weather(but it can be played indoors using pucks instead of balls).
- It is played both socially and competitively.
- Many croquet skills, physical and tactical, are found in other sports such as golf, bowls, chess and billiards.
- It is played in all States of Australia and many countries of the world.
AC PENNANT STARTS: A reminder to all members that the AC Pennant Season starts on 17 September. Lawn availability will be placed on the white board near the barbecue. Please check if there are lawns available for social play. Captains for 2018/19 season are A Division...read more
TCA AC Women's and Men's Medals. Women at Eastern Shore , Men at Kingston Open only to Tasmanian Affiliated Players. Entries Closed Entry fee $15 per player. Additional daily lawn fees will be payable to the venue. Click to view/download ...read more
N.R.C.C. Golf Croquet Singles, October 13th and 14th, 2018 Click to view/download: NRCC GC Singles Conditions Click to download: NRCC GC Singles Entry form Note: Entrants will be ranked according to handicap and then divided into 3 approximately equal sized groups:...read more
Golf Croquet Hi/Lo Doubles A Northern Regional Croquet Competition Congratulations to winners Sandy Cheek & Ruth McKean of East Launceston Club and to Runners-up Heather & Terry Myers of Devonport Club. R.O'Reilly of Devonport and C.Kirkland of Latrobe won the Plate....read more
LAWN CLOSURE: We hope all members understand the necessity for closing lawns when they are so wet. The Committee is obtaining quotes for the installation of improved drainage of the lawns. SURROUNDS: Rob McAdam has been mowing our surrounds for many months. He will be...read more
Winners: Ruth McKean (St. Leonards) and John Colquhoun (Eastern Shore) Runners-up: Gina Kirkland (Latrobe) and Robert Hamilton (Eastern Shore) See all the results on CroquetScores The event consisted of matches between teams, each team...read more
New Town on Monday the 10th of September, 10am - 3pm. Bring your lunch. Lizzie Bassett is running a refresher day for re-accreditation of AC referees and anyone interested in the laws of Association Croquet. She says she has noticed several incorrect...read more