Welcome to the East Launceston Croquet Club
Play for a lifetime and make friends for life
East Launceston Croquet Club
is on Windmill Hill and has been at that site since 1916. This is a designated area for low impact sports. We share the hill with a bowls club and the new aquatic centre. The position is within walking distance of the CBD and there are a number of very good B & Bs in the immediate vicinity.
- The club has regular times for play when you will always find a group to play with
- Both Golf Croquet and Association Croquet are played regularly
- Club events are interspersed between the state and northern events from September to June
- Northern and statewide competitions Competitions are played at the Northern Tasmanian Croquet Centre at St Leonards
- The Club has regular social events throughout the year
Membership numbers are limited as the club has only one court, but membership enquiries are welcome. Annual membership fee is $180, which includes affiliation to Croquet Tasmania and the NTasCC.
Regular coaching sessions are held and individual coaching is available by arrangement. New players will be mentored by more experienced members.
Club colours are green and white or beige. Flat heeled shoes must be worn at all times.
Regular social play is currently scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday afternoons and Sunday morning. Members may use the lawn at any other time.
Visitors are welcome to any of these sessions.