Only a ten-minute drive or bus ride from central Hobart, the Sandy Bay Croquet Club offers an excellent experience. Set in the picturesque recreational area of Lower Sandy Bay, the Club offers social games, competitions and social events. We have three superb playing lawns, full clubhouse facilities and all croquet equipment.
We play on six days of the week with Sunday free for coaching and practice. Our Club plays both association and golf croquet and there are opportunities for all levels.
|Day||Morning (10.00 – 12.30)||Afternoon (1.00 – 3.30)|
|Monday||Golf Croquet||Associate Members (GC and/or AC)|
|Tuesday||Association Croquet Div A & B||Golf Croquet|
|Wednesday||Association Croquet Div B & C||
C lawn: coaching if required
Association Croquet all Divisions
Golf Croquet singles, handicap 10 and under
|Friday||Association Croquet Div C||Golf Croquet|
|Saturday||Association Croquet all Divisions||All Full and Associate members|
|Sunday||Coaching and Practice||Practice|
- Draws take place at 9:50 am and 12:50 pm Mon - Fri and 1:20 pm Sat.
- In winter, any group wishing to start morning play at 10.30 may - please note this on the outside whiteboard.
- For Association Croquet the Divisions are A = -3 to 7, B = 8 to 15, C = 16 to 20. Although divisions are allocated on the schedule above, any AC player may attend any AC session.
- Public holidays are play for all.
- Christmas Day, Easter Friday and ANZAC Day: Lawns are open but there is no arranged play.
- Lawns are also available for practice Monday to Saturday after 4:00 pm. Any lawn may be used for practice by any full member after 10 am and 1 pm if it is free.
- Lawn availability is subject to competition play.
- Double-banked games will be played under the Current Laws (AC Law 52; GC Rule 9).
- Any Handicap play should be agreed upon before commencement of play.
Playing times are revised after the AGM in May. They may also be revised when any lawn is out for refurbishment.
Sandy Bay Croquet Club
Or use this Contact Form
Latest News from Sandy Bay
AC Divisional Championships Sandy Bay Club Feb 15-18 Congratulations to Winners: 16-20 John Lee-Archer - Devonport Runner-up: Carol Murphy - Eastern Shore9-20 Noel Davies - Eastern Shore Runner up: Roberta Campbell -Latrobe5-20 Steff...read more
Congratulations to Winners: Div 1 Rob McAdam (Kingston) and Div 2 Gary Forward (Sandy Bay)and Runners-Up; Graham Keating (Sandy Bay) Kaye Denny (Sandy Bay)Click to see all the results on ...read more
This very successful event was held at Sandy Bay on Jan 20. The four U12 competitors had been training for weeks and the competition was hard fought. There was some spectacular play including some nonchalant jumps! The boys scurried about between their...read more
The South was victorious in the annual North versus South Challenge held at Sandy Bay.. Thank you to the Sandy Bay Club for hosting the competition and feeding and watering the contestants on a very cold day. The Southern team (pictured, L to R): Graham Keating,...read more
YVONNE TAKES THE CAKE(STAND)! Yvonne Shaw of Sandy Bay CC won the Tas Women's Championship held at Latrobe CC over the past weekend. Patsy Paine of Latrobe was Runner-up Chris West (President of the Latrobe CC) presented the cake stand trophy. Tim Meredith of the St...read more
Finalists Bob Bye and Tim Parker thank Hugh Denny for his work in managing the Competition, including arranging for perfect weather. Division 1: Winner: Bob Bye,(SBCC) Runner-up: Tim Parker (KCC) Division 2: Winner: Phil Roach (KCC) Runner-up: Paul Boer (ELCC)...read more