More open conditions of play from 5 June 2020
Due to the move to Stage Two of the Roadmap to Recovery, members may play croquet from Friday 5 June, under much more lenient conditions. Up to 20 members may form a gathering for play. Members are also permitted to use the clubhouse, in a gathering of up to 20. Visitors may also play, provided the gathering does not exceed 20. The kitchen will be reopened on Tuesday 9 June.
Please note: All hygiene and social distancing rules are still in force. Please do not break these rules, for everyone's safety.
Only a ten-minute drive or bus ride from central Hobart, the Sandy Bay Croquet Club offers an excellent experience. Set in the picturesque recreational area of Lower Sandy Bay, the Club offers social games, competitions and social events. We have three superb playing lawns, full clubhouse facilities and all croquet equipment.
We play on six days of the week with Sunday free for coaching and practice. Our Club plays both association and golf croquet and there are opportunities for all levels.
|Day||Morning (10.00 – 12.30)||Afternoon (1.00 – 3.30)|
|Monday||Golf Croquet||Associate Members (GC and/or AC)|
Association Croquet Div A & B
AC training and coaching
|Wednesday||Association Croquet Div B & C||
C lawn: coaching if required
After 5 pm:Twilight Croquet during daylight saving
Association Croquet all Divisions
Golf Croquet (preference for singles)
|Friday||Association Croquet Div C||Golf Croquet|
|Saturday||All Full and Associate members||All Full and Associate members|
|Sunday||Coaching and Practice||Practice|
- Draws take place at 9:50 am for a 10.00 am start, and 12:50 pm for a 1.00 pm start Monday to Friday .
- In winter, any group wishing to start morning play at 10.30 may - please note this on the outside whiteboard.
- For Association Croquet the Divisions are A = -3 to 7, B = 8 to 15, C = 16 to 20. Although divisions are allocated on the schedule above, any AC player may attend any AC session.
- Public holidays are play for all.
- Christmas Day, Easter Friday and ANZAC Day: Lawns are open but there is no arranged play.
- Lawns are also available for practice Monday to Saturday after 4:00 pm. Any lawn may be used for practice by any full member after 10 am and 1 pm if it is free.
- Lawn availability is subject to competition play.
- Double-banked games will be played under the Current Laws (AC Law 52; GC Rule 9).
- Any Handicap play should be agreed upon before commencement of play.
Playing times are revised after the AGM in May. They may also be revised when any lawn is out for refurbishment.
Sandy Bay Croquet Club
Or use this Contact Form
Latest News from Sandy Bay
This very successful event was held at Sandy Bay on Jan 20. The four U12 competitors had been training for weeks and the competition was hard fought. There was some spectacular play including some nonchalant jumps! The boys scurried about between their...